Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tell Me A Story

I've been writing a lot of music lately. Not verse actually, just Melodies. I have some that I am very excited about. I need to get together with Rosy to make them into songs.

Some people want me to play at open mic nights. I'm scared to. It's irrational, and I know it. I know people want you to succeed; most of them don't sit around thinking "That's right, screw up! Hahaha". Most people, when you struggle, think, "You can do it, I want you to do well." Thats what I think anyway. So why is it so hard to get it into my head that others think that as well?

When I play in public (which I do frequently) I play without expectation. What I mean by that is when I play in public, I sing only for myself. When I'm there singing, people walk by and may be delightfully surprised, or horribly disgruntled. But when they're the one's sitting and expecting something of me, that's when I get nervous. Thought process:
I have a guitar --> People must assume that I know how to play --> They must assume that I sing and play --> They want me to play --> They want it to be good.

And thats when I get nervous. I should just get over it! Silly mind. I'll do it sometime soon.

Z

No comments: